Jury Hugo Macdonald, Petra (studio BOOT) & Her Royal Highness Sheikha Latifa Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Jury & Lecture
Global Grad Show Dubai
Connect, Empower and Sustain
The largest ever student gathering, representing 92 of the world’s best design schools, from 43 countries on 6 continents. Curator : Brendan McGetrick.
Global Grad Show is an exhibition of groundbreaking works from the world’s leading design schools, held each year as part of Dubai Design Week. Since launching in 2015, the show has grown to become the world’s largest student gathering, and for its 2017 edition will present 200 graduate projects grouped under the themes of Connect, Empower and Sustain. Petra’s lecture was about empower.
- Her Highness Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum -Vice-Chairman of the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority
- Aric Chen – Lead Curator, Design and Architecture, M+ museum
- Edwin Heathcoate – Architecture and Design critic, The Financial Times
- Petra Janssen – Owner and designer, Studio Boot and Social Label
- Hugo Macdonald – Design Critic and Consultant
- Noah Murphy-Reinhertz – NXT Space Sustainability Leader, Nike
- Faaris Naqvi – Founding Member, Bakery
- Noah Radford – COO and Futurist-in-Chief, Dubai Future Foundation
- Mohammad Saeed Al Shehhi – CEO of Dubai Design District (d3)
London Design Week
Lecture ‘Models for Social Design – Community Economics’
Model for Social Design, Community economics
This talk is a collaboration with #inekehans ‘ London Salon series, investigating new perspectives on design. Community Economics brings together social entrepreneurs from Newfoundland, Bosnia and The Netherlands to share their experiences in using the design process to bring about economic and social change. With panellists Zita Cobb, Orhan Niksic, and Petra Janssen (sociallabel,studio boot), moderated by Daniel Charny.
Common grounds over inclusieve context van design
ADCN awards 2017 Amsterdam